“This Is the Day the Lord hath Made” by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748 Text From: THE HANDBOOK TO THE LUTHERAN HYMNAL (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1942) p.10
1. This is the day the Lord hath made; He calls the hours His own; Let heaven rejoice, let earth be glad And praise surround the throne.
2. Today He rose and left the dead. And Satan’s empire fell; Today the saints His triumphs spread And all His wonders tell.
3. Hosanna to th’ anointed King To David’s holy Son! Help us, O Lord; descend and bring Salvation from the throne.
4. Blest be the Lord, who comes to men With messages of grace; Who comes in God His Father’s name To save our sinful race.
5. Hosanna in the highest strains The Church on earth can raise. The highest heavens, in which He reigns, Shall give Him nobler praise.