“Great Is the Lord, Our God” by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748 Text From: THE LUTHERAN HYMNAL (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1941)
1. Great is the Lord, our God, And let His praise be great; He makes His churches His abode, His most delightful seat.
2. These temples of His grace, How beautiful they stand, The honors of our native place And bulwarks of our land!
3. In Zion God is known, A Refuge in distress; How bright has His salvation shone, How fair His heavenly grace!
4. Oft have our fathers told, Our eyes have often seen, How well our God secures the fold Where His own sheep have been.
5. In every new distress We’ll to His house repair, Recall to mind His wondrous grace, And seek deliverance there.