“All People that on Earth do Dwell” by William Kethe, ?-c.1595 Text From: THE HANDBOOK TO THE LUTHERAN HYMNAL (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1942)p.14
1. All people that on earth do dwell, Sing to the Lord with cheerful voice, Him serve with fear, His praise forthtell; Come ye before Him and rejoice.
2. The Lord, ye know, is God indeed; Without our aid He did us make. We are His folk, He doth us feed, And for His sheep He doth us take.
3. Oh, enter, then, His gates with praise, Approach with joy His courts unto; Praise, laud, and bless His name always. For it is seemly so to do.
4. For why? The Lord, our God, is good; His mercy is forever sure. His truth at all times firmly stood And shall from age to age endure.
5. To Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, To God whom heaven and earth adore, From men and from the angel host Be praise and glory evermore.