“All Praise to God, Who Reigns Above” by Johann J. Schuetz, 1640-1690 Text From: THE LUTHERAN HYMNAL (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1941)
1. All praise to God, who reigns above, The God of all creation, The God of wonders, power, and love, The God of our salvation! With healing balm my soul He fills, The God who every sorrow stills,– To God all praise and glory!
2. What God’s almighty power hath made His gracious mercy keepeth; By morning dawn or evening shade His watchful eye ne’er sleepeth; Within the kingdom of His might Lo, all is just and all is right,– To God all praise and glory!
3. I cried to Him in time of need: Lord God, oh, hear my calling! For death He gave me life indeed And kept my feet from falling. For this my thanks shall endless be; Oh, thank Him, thank our God, with me,– To God all praise and glory!
4. The Lord forsaketh not His flock, His chosen generation; He is their Refuge and their Rock, Their Peace and their Salvation. As with a mother’s tender hand He leads His own, His chosen band,– To God all praise and glory!
5. Ye who confess Christ’s holy name, To God give praise and glory! Ye who the Father’s power proclaim, To God give praise and glory! All idols under foot be trod, The Lord is God! The Lord is God! To God all praise and glory!
6. Then come before His presence now And banish fear and sadness; To your Redeemer pay your vow And sing with joy and gladness: Though great distress my soul befell, The Lord, my God, did all things well,– To God all praise and glory!